MORE RESOURCES >> SYSTEMATIC REVIEW RESOURCES
This page contains links to resources useful for preparing high quality systematic reviews.
All the items listed below are available free on the Internet.
See also Evidence-Based Health Care
- The Basics
- Peer Review of Electronic Search Strategies (PRESS)
- Search Filters
- Economic Evidence
- Sackett DL, Rosenberg WM, Gray JA, Haynes RB, Richardson WS. Evidence based medicine: What it is and what it isn’t. BMJ 1996;312(7023):71-2. PubMed Record
- Riva JJ, Malik KMP, Burnie SJ, Endicott AR, Busse JW. Commentary – What is your research question? An introduction to the PICOT format for clinicians. J Can Chiropr Assoc 2012 Sep;56(3):167-171. PubMed Record
- Manchikanti L [and others]. Evidence-based medicine, systematic reviews, and guidelines in interventional pain management [Parts 1-7]. Pain Physician; 2008-2009.
- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions
- Institute of Medicine. Finding What Works in Health Care: Standards for Systematic Reviews. 2011 Contents
- Systematic reviews: CRD’s guidance for undertaking reviews in health care. York: Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, 2008.
- Wright RW, Brand RA, Dunn W, Spindler KP. How to write a systematic review. Clin Orthop Relat Res 2007 Feb;455:23-9. PubMed Record
- Jesson, J., & Lacey, F. (2006). How to do (or not to do) a critical literature review. Pharmacy Education 2006; 6(2): 139-148.
- Garritty, C., Tsertsvadze, A., Tricco, A. C., Sampson, M., & Moher, D. Updating systematic reviews: An international survey. PLoS ONE 2010; 5(4).
- Viva La Evidence ; Some Studies that I like to Quote
- Expert Searching [WIKI by Dean Giustini]
- PROSPERO: International prospective register of systematic reviews
- PRISMA: Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses PRISMA 2009 Checklist
- Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN); Critical Appraisal: Notes and Checklists
- AGREE Instrument II (Appraisal of Guidelines for Research and Evaluation)
- Grey Matters: a practical search tool for evidence-based medicine [Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health] This checklist includes national and international HTA web sites, drug and device regulatory agencies, clinical trial registries, health economics resources, Canadian health prevalence or incidence databases, and drug formulary web sites.
- McGowan, J., Sampson, M., & Lefebvre, C. An evidence based checklist for the Peer Review of Electronic Search Strategies (PRESS EBC). Evidence Based Library & Information Practice 2010: 5(1), 149-154.
- Sampson, M., McGowan, J., Cogo, E., Grimshaw, J., Moher, D., & Lefebvre, C. (2009). An evidence-based practice guideline for the peer review of electronic search strategies. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology 2009; 62(9): 944-952.
- PRESS Forum
- Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN) Search Filters
- McMaster Health Information Research Unit. Hedges. MEDLINE Economics
- Development and Testing of Search Filters to Identify Economic Evaluations in MEDLINE and EMBASE [Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health], 2009
APPENDIX 1: Search strategies that are used to identify comparator records
APPENDIX 4: Published search filters used in comparative testing
- The Cochrane Handbook. 6.4.11 Search filters [RCTs]
- Centre for Reviews and Dissemination. Guide to Searching. EndNote Filters
- Cochrane Information Retrieval Methods Group Filters for Reference Management Software
- Incorporating economic evidence [Cochrane Handbook Chapter 15]
- McMaster Health Information Research Unit. Hedges. Economics
- Campbell & Cochrane Economics Methods Group (CCEMG)