Enter term(s) below and click Search. Enclose phrases "in quotation marks". For exact terms consult the online author and subject indexes. For more help please read ICL's search tips.
- About Us
- ICL Journals
- Browse Recent Issues
- Magazines & Newspapers
- Journal Repositories
- Journal Impact Factor
- Journal RSS Feeds & Social Media
- BMC Complement Altern Med
- BMC Musculoskelet Disord
- Chiropractic & Osteopathy
- Clinical Chiropractic
- Journal of Chiropractic Medicine
- Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics
- Journal of Manual and Manipulative Therapy
- Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy
- Manual Therapy
- The Spine Journal
- Topics in Integrative Health Care
- BMJ, CMAJ, JAMA, The Lancet, NEJM
- Open Access Library
- More Resources
- Contact Us
The Chiropractic Library Collaboration (CLC), a working group affiliated with the Association of Chiropractic Colleges (ACC), gratefully acknowledges the past support of ACC.
Search Tips / My ICL
~ Search Tips Printable View ~ ~ Simple Search ~* On smartphones, ICL works best in landscape mode!
* Type words in the search box to do a Google-type search. The Boolean operator AND automatically connects the terms. Example: the search neck pain Côté retrieves articles on neck pain by author Côté.
* Use quotation marks to retrieve phrases. Examples: "low back pain", "future of chiropractic"
* Use an asterisk (wildcard) to retrieve all forms of a word (also called truncation). Example: chiropract* retrieves chiropractic, chiropractor, chiropractors
~ My ICL ~Register an account in My ICL and save your search histories (My Searches) and your collections of retrieved records (My Collections).
* Save ICL records: Select citations from Search Results or from Hold Citations; click Send to My Collections.
* Save search histories: In the Search History tab, select search statements; click Send to My Searches.
* Set up e-mailed alerts: When you save a search you are prompted to set up alerts that match your searches; you can even choose the day and frequency of e-mailed alerts.
~ Advanced Search ~* Type words or phrases in the default All Fields, or limit your search to specific fields, using the pull-down menus beside the search boxes. Combine terms in the search boxes using the Boolean operators AND, OR or NOT.
* Author searches: Click on a specific name in the Author Index to place it in a search box, or enter author last name in the pull-down Author field.
* Subject searches: Click on terms in the Subject Index to place them in the search boxes, or enter a subject word or phrase ("in quotation marks") in the pull-down Subject Keyword field. A word or phrase entered in the Subject Keyword field retrieves all Subject Headings containing that word or phrase. You may also search for subject headings and their definitions in ICL's thesaurus, Chiropractic Subject Headings (ChiroSH).
* Limiters: Limit searches by journal, year of publication, peer review or publication type. Limit before searching. Note: Non peer reviewed citations include book reviews, letters, and most editorials.
* Search histories: ICL automatically creates a search history. Click the Search History tab, check relevant search statements, then combine them using AND, OR, or NOT from the pull-down menu. To save your search history, click on the Search History tab, select the search statements, and click Send to My Searches.
* Managing search results: To collect citations during a search session, check the ones you want to keep from your search results, then click Hold Citations. Click the tab Held Citations to view your collection. You may then Display Abstracts, List, Print, Download or E-mail all or part of your collection. You may also send your collection to My Collections in My ICL and save it permanently.
* Web Links and Abstracts: Links to journal articles (sometimes full text) or PubMed records are provided where available. ICL includes abstracts where available, with the permission of the journal publishers. Please report broken links to the ICL Editors.
~ Search Tips Printable View ~