My ICL is your personal space for saving your work permanently. Register an account in My ICL in order to save search histories (My Searches) and collections of records (My Collections). See also Help with citation formatting . Need more help? Try our Contact Us form. Updated March 6, 2016.
Saving ICL records:
- Collect citations during a search session by using ICL’s Hold Citations feature. While viewing a results screen, simply select the citations you want to keep, and then click >Hold Citations. When you want to view your collection, click >Held Citations. If you decide you want to delete some, simply select them and click >Remove Citations.
- Select citations from your Search Results or from Hold Citations; click Send to My Collections.
- The collection will last as long as you are connected to ICL, and you can Print, E-mail or Download your citations.
Saving search histories:
- In the Search History tab, select search statements; click Send to My Searches.
- Set up e-mailed alerts: When you save a search you are prompted to set up alerts that match your searches; you can even choose the day and frequency of e-mailed alerts.
Downloading into bibliographic managers:
- There are three choices for downloading: Text (Citation), Tagged (Export), and Excel. Download your collection into personal bibliographic managers such as Reference Manager, Pro-Cite, EndNote and Refworks. Choose Tagged (Export) format; this automatically generates a text file that you can save to your computer. In your bibliographic manager, choose the ICL.txt file to import, then select PubMed (NLM). If you are importing into Refworks, select the ICL filter.
E-mailing search results:
- The HTML format sends a message containing html records with links to ICL.
- The Text format sends a message with a text file of Vancouver style citations attached.
- The Excel format sends a message with an Excel file attached.