MORE RESOURCES >> Practice Guidelines
Practice guidelines are evidence-based consensus statements intended to limit disparities in practice. This page contains links to guideline databases and Web sites, selected chiropractic guidelines with a special section on whiplash, and selected open access articles. See also Free Research Articles ; OPTIMa Reviews & Guidelines Updated December 8, 2016.
- ACP Clinical Guidelines and Recommendations [American College of Physicians]
- Recommendations by Type: Clinical Practice Guidelines [American Association of Family Physicians (AAFP)]
- CMA Infobase: Clinical Practice Guidelines Database (CPGs) [Canadian Medical Association]
- Evidence search; Health and social care [National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) U.K.]
- Guidelines International Network. International Guideline Library
- Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement (ICSI) – Guidelines & More
- National Guideline Clearinghouse [U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHQR); Expert Commentaries from the National Guideline Clearinghouse
- New Zealand Guidelines Group Publications
- WHO guidelines approved by the Guidelines Review Committee [World Health Organization]
- World Health Organization. WHO guidelines on basic training and safety in chiropractic. Geneva: WHO, 2005.
- Canadian Chiropractic Guideline Initiative. Guidelines & Best Practice [Canadian Chiropractic Association] English French
Practitioners ; Patients ; Decision Makers and Leaders
- IHS Classification ICHD-II [International Classification of Headache Disorders. International Headache Society. 2nd edtion]
- Clinical Compass: Evidence, Education, Empowerment. Powered by the Council on Chiropractic Guidelines and Practice Parameters (CCGPP). Clinical Guidelines
- Association of Chiropractic Colleges. Informed consent guideline. Bethesda, MD ACC, [undated]
- Canadian Chiropractic Association/Canadian Federation of Chiropractic Regulatory Boards Clinical Practice Guidelines (CCA/CFCRB-CPG). A clinical practice guideline update from the CCA/CFCREAB-CPG. J Can Chiropr Assoc 2008 Mar;52(1):7-11. PubMed Record
- Davis DA, Taylor-Vaisey A. Translating guidelines into practice. A systematic review of theoretic concepts, practical experience and research evidence in the adoption of clinical practice guidelines. CMAJ 1997 Aug 15;157(4):408-16. PubMed Record
- Gagliardi AR, Brouwers MC, Palda VA, Lemieux-Charles L, Grimshaw JM. An exploration of how guideline developer capacity and guideline actionability influence implementation and adoption: Study protocol. Implement Sci 2009 Jul 2;4(1):36. PubMed Record
- Improving the use of research evidence in guideline development [PubMed records]
These reviews published in the journal Health Research Policy and Systems were prepared as background for advice from the World Health Organization Advisory Committee on Health Research [ACHR] to WHO on ways of improving the use of research evidence in guideline development.
- Nuckols TK, Lim YW, Wynn BO, Mattke S, MacLean CH, Harber P, Brook RH, Wallace P, Garland RH, Asch S. Rigorous development does not ensure that guidelines are acceptable to a panel of knowledgeable providers. J Gen Intern Med 2008 Jan;23(1):37-44. PubMed Record
- Selected articles on guidelines from the journal Implementation Science