MORE RESOURCES >> EVIDENCE-BASED HEALTH CARE
This page contains links to resources that deal with various aspects of evidence-based medicine/health care, including knowledge translation. Updated March 27, 2016.
Run a search in ICL. Run a search in PubMed.
See also Systematic Review Resources; OPTIMa Systematic Reviews
- Glossary of Cochrane Collaboration and research terms
- Glossary of Evidence-Based Medicine and Statistical Terms (AAFP)
- Glossary of EBM Terms (Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine, University Health Network, Toronto)
- Glossary [of] terms used in therapeutics and diagnostics (ACP Journal Club)
- AAFP Content Development Tools [American Academy of Family Physicians]
- BEME Collaboration Medical and Health Professional Education
- The Campbell Collaboration What helps? What harms? Based on what evidence?
- Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine [University of Toronto]
- The Cochrane Collaboration Trusted evidence. Informed decisions. Better health. [subscription required]
- The Cochrane Collaboration on Facebook
- Equator Network. EQUATOR: Enhancing the QUality and Transparency Of health Research (resources for authors, editors and peer reviewers, and report guideline developers)
- Evidence-Based Medicine Working Group. Evidence-based medicine. A new approach to teaching the practice of medicine. JAMA 1992 Nov 4;268(17):2420-5. PubMed Record
- Sackett DL, Rosenberg WM, Gray JA, Haynes RB, Richardson WS. Evidence based medicine: What it is and what it isn’t. BMJ 1996;312(7023):71-2. PubMed Record
Evidence based medicine is the conscientious, explicit, and judicious use of current best evidence in making decisions about the care of individual patients. The practice of evidence based medicine means integrating individual clinical expertise with the best available external clinical evidence from systematic research. By individual clinical expertise we mean the proficiency and judgment that individual clinicians acquire through clinical experience and clinical practice.
- Montori VM, Guyatt GH. Progress in evidence-based medicine. JAMA 2008 Oct 15;300(15):1814-6. PubMed Record
- Davis J, Crabb S, Rogers E, Zamora J, Khan K. Computer-based teaching is as good as face to face lecture-based teaching of evidence based medicine: A randomized controlled trial. Med Teach 2008;30(3):302-7. PubMed Record
- Bagshaw SM, Bellomo R. The need to reform our assessment of evidence from clinical trials: A commentary. Philos Ethics Humanit Med 2008 Sep 30;3:23. PubMed Record
- Triano JJ. What constitutes evidence for best practice? J Manipulative Physiol Ther 2008 Nov-Dec;31(9):637-43. Review. PubMed Record
- Straus S, Haynes RB. Managing evidence-based knowledge: the need for reliable, relevant and readable resources. CMAJ 2009;180: 942-945.
- Torpy JM, Lynm C, Glass RM. JAMA patient page. Evidence-based medicine. JAMA 2009 Feb 25;301(8):900. PubMed Record
- Riva JJ, Malik KMP, Burnie SJ, Endicott AR, Busse JW. Commentary – What is your research question? An introduction to the PICOT format for clinicians. J Can Chiropr Assoc 2012 Sep;56(3):167-171. PubMed Record
- Bornbaum CC, Kornas K, Peirson L, Rosella LC. Exploring the function and effectiveness of knowledge brokers as facilitators of knowledge translation in health-related settings: A systematic review and thematic analysis. Implement Sci. 2015 Nov 20;10(1):162. PubMed Record
- Cordero C, Delino R, Jeyaseelan L, Lansang MA, Lozano JM, Kumar S, Moreno S, Pietersen M, Quirino J, Thamlikitkul V, Welch VA, Tetroe J, Ter Kuile A, Graham ID, Grimshaw J, Neufeld V, Wells G, Tugwell P. Funding agencies in low- and middle-income countries: Support for knowledge translation. Bull World Health Organ 2008 Jul;86(7):524-34. PubMed Record
- Gagnon MP, Attieh R, Ghandour el K, Légaré F, Ouimet M, Estabrooks CA, Grimshaw J. A systematic review of instruments to assess organizational readiness for knowledge translation in health care. PLoS One. 2014 Dec 4;9(12):e114338. PubMed Record
- Graham ID, Logan J, Harrison MB, Straus SE, Tetroe J, Caswell W, Robinson N. Lost in knowledge translation: Time for a map? J Contin Educ Health Prof 2006 Winter;26(1):13-24. PubMed Record
- Kerner JF. Knowledge translation versus knowledge integration: A “funder’s” perspective. J Contin Educ Health Prof 2006 Winter;26(1):72-80. PubMed Record
- Pablos-Mendez A, Chunharas S, Lansang MA, Shademani R, Tugwell P. Knowledge translation in global health. Bull World Health Organ 2005 Oct;83(10):723. PubMed Record
- Reitmanova S. Knowledge translation in health research: A novel approach to health sciences education. Med Educ Online [serial online] 2009;14:10.
- Tugwell P, Robinson V, Grimshaw J, Santesso N. Systematic reviews and knowledge translation. Bull World Health Organ 2006 Aug;84(8):643-51. PubMed Record
- Yamada J, Shorkey A, Barwick M, Widger K, Stevens BJ. The effectiveness of toolkits as knowledge translation strategies for integrating evidence into clinical care: a systematic review. BMJ Open. 2015 Apr 13;5(4):e006808. PubMed Record