MORE RESOURCES >> Indexes, Databases & Search Engines
The following resources are offered free on the Internet. Most of the articles retrieved, however, require subscriptions. For best results when using these resources, click on the accompanying links to search help pages. Updated February 11, 2017.
Try ChiroSearch, a Google Custom Search of the pages to which we link through the ICL site. ChiroSearch was created by the ICL editors.
- PubMed [U.S. National Library of Medicine] PubMed FAQs
- CAM on PubMed
- NLM Gateway [U.S. National Institutes of Health] Help
- Electronic Databases & Directories [A list from the U.S. National Library of Medicine]
- The Cochrane Library [Cochrane Collaboration; free in selected locations] Cochrane Training
- IN-CAM Health Outcomes Database [Canadian Interdisciplinary Network for Complementary and Alternative Medicine Research] User Guide
- Trip Database: Turning Research Into Practice Search Tips
- PEDro (Physiotherapy Evidence Database) [Centre for Evidence-Based Physiotherapy (CEBP), The George Institute for Global Health] Tutorials
- Evidence search [National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) U.K.]
- National Guideline Clearinghouse™ (NGC), an initiative of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- ERIC [Institute of Education Sciences] How does the ERIC search work?
- RDRB: Research & Development Resource Base (in CME) [A searchable database for the health professions; University of Toronto ] Help [suspended?]
- iMedisearch: Search engine of reliable medical information [a Google custom search]
- ChiroSearch [a Google custom search of the chiropractic literature created by the ICL editors]
- Google Scholar [click the down arrow for advanced search] Advanced Search Tips
- Google books Advanced Book Search