Accreditation & Standards for Chiropractic Continuing Education | Articles on Chiropractic Continuing Education | Articles on Continuing Medical Education
This page contains a selection of open access resources on chiropractic continuing education, as well as a selection of peer reviewed articles on continuing medical education. This page last updated March 4, 2019.
Accreditation & Standards for Chiropractic Continuing Education
- Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards Locate continuing education requirements in the FCLB’s Official Directory ; FCLB Uniform Continuing Education Application Form
- Providers of Approved Continuing Education Chiropractic (PACE). PACE is a service of The Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards. Providers of continuing education programs who wish to have programs accepted for CE credit toward license renewal may apply for recognition status with PACE.
- Canadian Federation of Chiropractic Regulatory and Educational Accrediting Boards The Federation La Fédération
- Clinical guidelines for chiropractic practice in Canada [Glenerin Guidelines].Toronto ON: Canadian Chiropractic Association, 1994. Chapter 15 – Continuing Education and Professional Development [of historical interest]
- European Chiropractors’ Union (ECU) ECU Education and CPD European Council on Chiropractic Education
- View the Web sites for national chiropractic organizations for CE standards and policies. Choose countries from the WFC’s List of Members
Note: The following articles are available free online. To locate more articles on this topic, run a search in ICL.
- Bednarz EM, Lisi AJ. A survey of interprofessional education in chiropractic continuing education in the United States. J Chiropr Educ. 2014 Oct;28(2):152-156. PubMed Record
- Lisi AJ. Managing conflicts of interest in continuing medical education: A comparison of policies. J Chiropr Educ 2009 Spr;23(1):36-39. PubMed Record
- Taylor-Vaisey AL, Grod JP. Continuing professional development: How are Canadian chiropractors doing? Canadian Chiropractor 2007; 12(8):20, 28.
- Feise RJ, Grod JP, Taylor-Vaisey A. Effectiveness of an evidence-based chiropractic continuing education workshop on participant knowledge of evidence-based health care. Chiropr & Osteopat 2006;14(18). PubMed Record
- Grod JP, Smith DL, Stuber KJ, Powers P. An online survey of chiropractors’ opinions of continuing education. Chiropr & Osteopat 2005;13(1) PubMed Record
- Grod JP. Commentary: Continuing health education in Canada. J Can Chiropr Assoc 2006 March;50(1):14-7. PubMed Record
- Flynn S, Hebert P, Korenstein D, Ryan M, Jordan WB, Keyhani S. Leveraging social media to promote evidence-based continuing medical education. PLoS One 2017;6;12(1):e0168962. PubMed Record
- Hadadgar A, Changiz T, Masiello I, Dehghani Z, Mirshahzadeh N, Zary N. Applicability of the theory of planned behavior in explaining the general practitioners eLearning use in continuing medical education. BMC Med Educ. 2016;16(1):215. PubMed Record
- Hall SR, Crifasi KA, Marinelli CM, Yuen HK. Continuing education requirements among State Occupational Therapy Regulatory Boards in the United States of America. J Educ Eval Health Prof. 2016 Oct 27;13:37. PubMed Record
- Moja L, Kwag KH. Point of care information services: A platform for self-directed continuing medical education for front line decision makers. Postgrad Med J. 2015;91(1072):83-91. PubMed Record
- Lam-Antoniades M, Ratnapalan S, Tait G. Electronic continuing education in the health professions: An update on evidence from RCTs. J Contin Educ Health Prof 2009 Winter;29(1):44-51. PubMed Record
- Lim ECh, Oh VM, Koh DR, Seet RC. The challenges of “continuing medical education” in a pandemic era. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2009;38(8):724-3. PubMed Record
- Continuing Medical Education: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Educational Guidelines. Chest March 2009; 135 (3 suppl) PubMed Records
- Marinopoulos SS, Dorman T, Ratanawongsa N, Wilson LM, Ashar BH, Magaziner JL, Miller RG, Thomas PA, Prokopowicz GP, Qayyum R, Bass EB. Effectiveness of continuing medical education. Evid Rep Technol Assess 2007 Jan;(149):1-69.
- Ryan G, Lyon P, Kumar K, Bell J, Barnet S, Shaw T. Online CME: An effective alternative to face-to-face delivery. Med Teach 2007 Oct;29(8):e251-7. PubMed Record