The Sigma Phi Chi Sorority, the first women's Greek letter society at a chiropractic school, was organized and chartered on 19 May 1914, with fourteen charter members. The purpose of the organization was to "promote the social and mental culture of its members, to bind them together in a true fraternal spirit for the upbuilding of true womanhood, and for the defense and progress of straight Chiropractic in the world." The sorority became an integral part of women student's lives of the Palmer School and still flourishes as a support system for women in chiropracti
This abstract is reproduced with the permission of the publisher. full text is available by subscription. See online options.