Palmer College's West Hall is a building with a rich academic history. Richard Hill sold the land it stands on to the Immaculate Conception Academy for a Catholic girls' school in 1866. Ninety-five years later, the property was sold to Palmer and the building used as a men's dormitory. Most recently, the building has been transformed into classrooms for students attending Palmer College. The building has had many purposes and many people have filled its halls through the years.
This abstract is reproduced with the permission of the publisher. Full text is available by subscription.