In this installment of "Fear and Loathing in Clinical Nutrition" I would like to start by again bringing to your attention a serious issue relating to toxicology that I last discussed in this forum in 2000. Why am I mentioning this again? My observations suggest that, in the nine years since I last mentioned one of the great, under appreciated toxicologic issues of our time, little has changed in terms of prevalence in our environment or recognition by our society of the true dangers. To what am I referring? DHMO, or dihydrogen monoxide. Therefore, I feel it is necessary to bring to you much more dramatic and detailed information on the dangers of DHMO than what I presented nine years ago. Fortunately, a number of excellent websites are now available that give much more detail than what was formerly available the last time I addressed the subject. One of the best is www.DHMO.org. On this site you will find a detailed discussion about almost every facet of this deadly substance. However, in order to motivate you to read the contents of this site in detail, I would like to present a brief quote that comes from the section of the site entitled "Frequently asked questions about dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO)":
This abstract is reproduced with the permission of the pubisher. Full text is available by subscription.