Have you ever been in the middle of a search in ICL and lost track of where you are? Have you wished you could go back and see what you’ve already done, instead of repeating everything? The search history feature allows you to do this.
What is the search history feature?
- When you search, ICL automatically creates a search history. Click the Search History tab, check relevant search statements, then combine them using AND, OR, or NOT from the pull-down menu.
- You can view all the searches you have run during a search session, and combine statements in all sorts of ways, using the Boolean operators AND, OR and NOT.
- Some searchers find it preferable to search one concept at a time, thereby creating separate search statements for every word or phrase.
- In ICL you need to apply limiters (Journal, Year, Peer Review, Publication Type) before you click Search.
Saving a search history:
- Click on the Search History tab, select the search statements, and click Send to My Searches. You must be logged into My ICL to use this feature. You can save searches permanently. View an example of a search history
Need more help? Try our Contact Us form.